Category : Lifestyle
When Donald Trump announced his decision to run for president, we all laughed at him. There were even news stories saying that he had paid actors to watch him as he announces his decision to run for president.
During his announcement, he accused Mexicans of being rapists, drug addicts and illegal immigrants to the United States. It should have spelled the end of Trump, but he continued soaring higher. As his campaign progressed, he kept throwing insulting words against Muslims, immigrants, LGBT community, disabled people, soldiers, women and many others.
Perhaps, the only groups of people whom he has not insulted are old, white male- his strong fan base. Despite his strong showing in the polls, no one took him seriously. They thought Americans won’t consider choosing Trump over experienced Republicans running against him during the primaries. He was still at the center of jokes in TV shows and even in regular discussions.
As he inched closer to the Republican nomination, he was still not taken seriously. His gaffes were made fun of. Considering that he is thin-skinned, it was easy to bait him by just insulting him.
After winning the nomination, no one thought he would win the general election. He has pulled the country way too far from the normal decent discussion, without the effort to pivot towards the middle. He continued disparaging people who have insulted him, and even more relentless in bashing his opponent.
Then, came November 9- Election Day. To everyone’s surprise, he won the presidency and crossed the 270-electoral college mark.
He is funny no more
After his election, no one thought he would make good of his crazy campaign promises. Trump proved everyone wrong. He has rescinded several regulations under Obama. He has ordered a raid in Yemen. He has also placed out of the mainstream nominees to his cabinet. He also made good of his promise to ban Muslims from entering the country (although it was halted). He removed regulations protecting the environment. He keeps depicting the media as the opposition for exposing him.
In short, we have come to a point where Trump is no longer funny. He has done too much to still be considered just a funny man. He is the most powerful person in the world. At this point, it is not enough to just make fun of him. He is making true all his campaign promises. He is more dangerous now than ever. It is time to just keep resisting. Let’s take him seriously and help in efforts to prevent him from doing further damage to the United States and the rest of the world.
Yes, we need a break every now and then and find things that can make us laugh amid a Trump presidency. However, when it comes to his policies, they should not be made fun of anymore.
You can support other comedians who can tackle a wide variety of issues outside Trump if you want a good laugh. Buy Daniel Tosh 2017 tickets if you want a different brand of comedy.
The number of single moms nowadays is increasing for varied reasons. Some reasons as to why the rate is rising are: marital problems, unplanned pregnancy, choice, death of the partner, and others. Single parenthood is a difficult situation, being an all around mother and father at the same time can be very stressful.
Raising a child alone is a long journey for a single mom; it can be very challenging. Shouldering all the expenses, taking care of the child, guiding and molding him/her to be a better person is very heavy of a burden to carry alone. Truly, single moms need help from the government. As part of helping single moms, thankfully, there are institutions that provide different kinds of assistance. One example is granting loans for single moms to have small business to be able to meet the needs of their kids.
Another assistance could be home based jobs so single moms would be able to take care of their children at the same time. Home based jobs like customer servicing, data entry, marketing job, and lot more, ease the burden. Scholarship for students is also a big support for both moms and their kids.
Aside from financial assistance, the government also launches different programs on how to raise a child alone. There are different clubs and organizations that help moms on how to raise their kids if parenting is without the help of any partner. One good example of a non-profit organization is the “Single Parent Advocate”. The organization helps not only the moms but also the kids because they are also affected in many ways (being raised by only one parent). There are special problems that accompany their case.
A child with only one visible and active parent may have feelings of insecurity, isolation, depression, and anxiety for not having a permanent home. Economic burdens affect children in a single parent’s household. The child may also tend to feel abandoned too when there is only one parent guiding him/her, this can lead the child to question his/her own self worth.
If you are a single mom, you don’t need to carry the burden alone, see help for single mom for more info.
Although talent and skills are developed over time, there are people who are naturally gifted. For instance, we have Mozart, famous composer, whose talent began to show when he was only five years old. Over a period of five years from his birth, it is impossible for an ordinary child to have fully formed even his motor skills. Hence, talent can indeed be an inborn gift to some individuals.
Parents may not immediately realize that their child is gifted. Sometimes, they do not realize at all and unfortunately the child’s talent goes to waste because of lack of support and growth. So if you notice that your child is exhibiting some form of extraordinary skill, have him diagnosed by child development experts. From there, you will be able to find ways on how to further enhance his natural ability.
Some parents make a big deal out of their children’s condition once they find that they are not like other normal kids on the block because of their unique talent. They become too protective and paranoid that their children might not be able to maintain their performance or that they might not get proper treatment from others. This is should not be the case. While parents with gifted children are lucky to have such offspring, they should do their best to allow their children have a regular life. Childhood is the most wonderful stage in one’s life and children must not be robbed of this time and opportunity.
Travel and education
To further hone a child’s talent, he must get good education above all. Education can be obtained inside the classrooms as well as outdoors. If you can afford it, allow your kids to travel and see other places and experience first class entertainment. Let them see Daniel Tosh Tour this summer so they can be entertained and get exposed to the world.
To ensure that your child’s gift is shared and cultivated, try to establish proper connections. There are agencies or groups that can help you find the right break for your child. This does not mean that you will exploit your child for your own benefit. To tap his talent and possibly make him known for it will redound to his own good in the end.
Mood swings, ‘blues’, ‘feeling under the weather’, these are terms people use whenever they feel different or ‘off’. Normally, we can just dismiss feelings of instability and negativity, but it helps to be more cautious about emotional problems and disorders so that we can better and earlier address things that go out of hand or that become unmanageable.
People who have a medical history of emotional and mental instability in the family ought to be more watchful. It’s wrong to take it lightly when you feel different and unnaturally despondent or negative. You must take care of your emotional and mental well being.
Depression in people manifests in different ways and at different intensities. It is observed that depression rates for women are twice higher than that of men but men are higher for suicide risks. Male depression often causes abnormal bodily conditions (fatigue, pains) and uncontrolled harmful emotions (violence, aggressiveness, rage). A loss of interest in work and activities is also noticeable in male sufferers.
Female depression is triggered by various factors: hormonal imbalance, chemical imbalance, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), postpartum depression, peri-menopausal depression, and others. Symptoms manifest as follows: weight loss or weight gain, sleeplessness or oversleeping, extreme feelings of guilt and helplessness.
Clinical depression is a diagnosis made by competent health professionals on patients who exhibit symptoms persistently. Seek professional help if you (or a family member) suddenly exhibit any of the unnatural symptoms. Check this site for options: depression treatment centers. Upon a positive diagnosis, managing doctors will categorize depression as follows: Major Depression, Mild Depression (Dysthymia), Bipolar Disorder, and Seasonal Affective Disorders.
Major depression may range from moderate to severe and symptoms are constant. The condition may last for six months or more. Episodes may be one-time or recurring over a period of time.
Dysthymia is mild and recurrent, it is ‘low-grade’ and manageable; symptoms are not intense but manifest over a long period of time, even years. Sufferers often feel that they are just ‘feeling blue or low’ all the time. Bipolar Disorder or Manic Depression is a cycle of mood changes, of impulsive and hyperactive behavior. Sufferers become fast talkers and reject sleep and food. Bipolar D is a special case and treatment is different.
Seasonal affective disorder is weather sensitive. About 2 per cent of the population is affected by weather and seasonal changes. Symptoms come and go as with the weather. SAD is noticeably triggered by limited exposure to sunlight. Winter months report higher incidences.
Japan’s capital city Tokyo is one of the world’s fashion capitals. When it comes to fashion, it has a following all on its own. Although international trends also affect the city’s fashion industry, they also have a unique take on their local fashion that transcends all over the globe.
When people from other parts of the globe come across a photo of some kind of Japanese fashion, they are in awe. Yes, there are Japanese fashion trends that are really in a whole new level like the infamous Harajuku fashion. However, what a lot of people do not know is that there are different kinds of Japanese fashion and in 2014 the styles keep on getting better and more interesting.
This is probably the most famous Japanese fashion trend that non-Japanese people know of. When it comes to Harajuku fashion, everything is colourful, fun and loud. The key items to achieving the Harajuku Kawaii are the following:
- Big Colourful Ribbons – Place this on your hair and exude cuteness overload.
- Chunky Colourful Necklaces – Notice that everything is colourful, stack accessories on.
- Prints – Go for fun prints that can show girly or cute styles.
- Stuffed Toys – There are guys and gals who wear stuffed toys as necklaces.
- Platform Shoes – The Harajuku look will not be complete without the thick platform shoes.
This is a popular choice for teens and young women in Japan. To top it off, Japanese love cats because they are independent and just cute. There are women who love cat apparel and shoes while others take it to a whole new level by using cats as inspiration for their hair and makeup. Here are some items to achieve the look:
- Cat Shoes – This usually has a print or cat face on the tip of the shoes.
- Cat Socks – If you have plain shoes, go for cute socks with cat fur print or cat faces instead.
- Cat Headbands with Ears – This is called the Alice headband, the headbands are snugly and have cat ears.
- Skirts – Fun skirts that are usually solid in color with cat faces on them are a fun way to join the cat fashion craze.
- Cat Accessories – If you find it too much to sport the cat fashion on clothes or shoes, try wearing cat accessories instead. A fun necklace or charm bracelet can help keep you in trend.
This is a popular trend in Japan that has emerged in recent years. The wide brimmed hat became a hot commodity and is usually called the actress hat. When worn the hat looks elegant and casual. At first, the hat trend was something only seen on vacation in beaches or somewhere really sunny. However, when famous personalities started wearing them in the city the boom began. Here are some hats that are looking promising this year:
- Fedora Hat – Perfect for a casual ensemble the fedora hat in a felt texture are selling like pancakes.
- Bowler Hat – Exuding a trendy London-ish vibe, the bowler hat aims to finish off your simple outfits.
- Wide-Brimmed Hat – As mentioned above, this is not only for resorts anymore. The easy-breezy outfits can now stand out with this add on.
Check out some of these trends in Japanese fashion this year and see what you would like to try.
Toddlers are no different than adults. These little ones also get frustrated and angry. But, unlike adults, toddlers have a different manner of showing their frustration. The ear-piercing screams, wild kicks in the air, and tearful cries are just some common manifestations of toddler tantrums.
Why do children express their frustration in such loud and embarrassing fashion? Temper tantrums usually occur in children between the ages of four and seven, but can be prevalent with older kids too. These are the ages when kids think everything revolves around them and tantrums are just an outlet when they become exasperated with the world around them. As a geeky mom, it’s important not to get too personal about this show of temper because they are not directed at you. While children still lack control over the environment, you can use your maturity and geeky strategies to say “no” to toddler tantrums.
- Distract your child’s attention. Children are known to have very short attention span, making it easy to change the focus of their attention within a minute’s notice. When a tantrum is about to erupt, find ways to redirect the child to a new object or activity, or calmly talk about another interesting subject. Knowing how fascinated children are with latest gadgets, make sure to have a fun bag filled with items you can easily pull out and offer to the child once he begins to act unsettled. Make sure to rotate the items and always use a cheerful voice to distract the child from the object of his brewing tantrum.
- Give your child some options. Oftentimes kids act up as form of rebellion for the way parents control their life. Young as they are, kids want to have little independence to decide and do what they want. Allow your child to choose by offering them choices so that their decision remains within your bounds. For example, instead of automatically serving them cereal for breakfast, ask them whether they want toast or pancakes. However, avoid giving your kid open-ended option like asking if he wants to eat breakfast. You’ll surely get a resounding negative reply. Consider asking if he wants to eat breakfast in the dining table or at the kitchen counter instead.
- Provide the attention your child craves for. In most cases, kids have temper tantrums to call for attention. They are such smart fellows who know that when they throw tantrums, they can get the attention they want, even if it’s in a negative way. Spend quality time with your child even it is only for short periods. Taking a short walk, watching Star Wars, playing video games, or telling sci-fi, fantasy, and superhero bedtime stories are special bonding moments to help your child realize he’s important. See how the child strives to reward you with his positive behavior.
- Help your child understand the meaning of “No.” One of the biggest mistakes parents make when their child has a tantrum is to give in just to end it or to avoid a noisy confrontation. Your child can always act up a tantrum as a leverage to get what he wants. Show the child that not any amount of tantrums is acceptable. While in full tantrum mode, take the child away from the object until he calms down. Use lots of love and patience in explaining that a tantrum cannot help to get him what he desires.
No matter how geeky you are as a mom, your child can respond to your parental intervention to put his tantrums in the right perspective. As parent, your job is to help your child overcome this undesirable behavior by creating an environment that does not only provide options, but one where he does not feel hungry for attention.